We are dedicated to a philosophy of excellent, responsive customer service and are our business is continually evolving. We at the Montana Book Company rely on the personal touch and would be pleased to speak with you directly. Please feel free to write, phone, fax, and/or email us and we will respond as quickly as possible. In addition, we would greatly appreciate any requests or suggestions you may have. WE CAN SPECIAL ORDER JUST ABOUT ANY TITLE IN PRINT WITH NO EXTRA CHARGE, so let us help you with your search. If a book is not yet available, we can often put it on advance order to reserve your copy. In many instances, we can also find out of print titles - it takes a bit more time and energy, but we enjoy a good challenge! Our courteous, knowledgeable staff knows books and toys and are always happy to make suggestions. When placing an order with the Montana Book Company, please include the title and author if possible, as well as your name and phone number.
Judy Flanders opened the
Montana Book Company in 1978 as the Little Professor Book Center. The
Montana Book Company has been an independent bookstore* for 13 years and
is owned by sisters-in-law Jan Peccia and Didi Augustine Peccia. Pam
Sommer, the store manager, served as an educator for many years and has
been with the company for well over 20 years.
The Montana Book Company is happy to count many of Helena’s largest organizations among our satisfied customers. We provide a wide variety of services for local businesses and institutions including:
- Discounts on corporate purchases
- Discounts on bulk purchases
- Ordering by phone, fax or Internet
- Special ordering of hard-to-find titles
JUST ASK- If you would like to establish an account, please contact us.
Why shop Indie?
When you shop at an independently owned business, your entire community benefits:
- Spend $100 at a local and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain, and your community only sees $43.
- Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- More of your taxes are reinvested in your community--where they belong.
- Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
- Local retailers are your friends and neighbors—support them and they’ll support you.
- Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
- More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.
Now is the time to stand up and join your fellow individuals in the IndieBound mission supporting local businesses and celebrating independents.Thank you for shopping at The Montana Book Company, an independent booksellers.